Most of us are winding down now, looking forward to Christmas, to getting some rest and eating and drinking lots. Chris and I may be strange, but we are looking forward to having chance to work out more! (We will be eating and drinking too!)
I don’t really believe in new year’s resolutions – too much pressure and if you want to do something, do it now! I wanted to write a post for those people who are in need of some motivation…
I am the person who could have all the excuses in the world not to exercise and not to be ‘in shape’. I have a long list of excuses and I could choose many of them on any day – I’ll share just a few:
* For the last 18 months, I am surviving on 4-7 hours of broken sleep
* Last year, I had a c-section – which I’m still recovering from
* I get pelvic pain from a forceps delivery in 2012, which locked the SI joint in my pelvis
* I have pain in my hands with certain movements because of the excess fluid following my twin pregnancy
* I regularly have back and shoulder pain from lugging three children around!
* I have no time to go to the gym because my husband works late most days and I have to be home with the kids
* I have no money to pay for the gym because I pay for three lots of childcare!
I could go on, but I don’t want you to feel sorry for me. I refuse to let these excuses define who I am. I generally feel exhausted, I ache when I wake up and my husband is rarely home to help with bedtime so I have about 2 hours every evening to do everything a responsible parent needs to (how boring…) and anything that I would like to do when I’m finished with that!
But here’s the thing – I am in the best shape of my life. I am motivated to exercise because I want a better and longer life for me and my family. We can always make our excuses but the only excuse we really have is ourselves.
So how do I fit in exercise with no time, without leaving the house, with no kit and that doesn’t hurt my battered body?! I want you to check out http://www.thezuu.com.au and find The Zuu workouts on Youtube. It is movements that anyone can do, you only need minutes, not hours and you can do it from the comfort of your house! I’m not being paid to write this, these workouts have changed things for me. I can workout in the living room when I’ve put the kids to bed, I don’t need any kit, to pay anything and I don’t need to spend hours when I only have precious minutes.
So what excuse did you have today? Put it aside – believe that you are worth more and that you can do more.
ps. If you want any help with workouts, please get in touch with me/my husband!